Monday, March 2, 2009

Prada Spring 2009 Campaign Trail for Ymre Stiekema


Currently causing confusion and totally raised my eyebrow this morning while reading fashion blogs. I just came across to a published interview with Ymre Stiekema, one of Prada's Spring 2009 exclusives. As we all know, Ymre has already appeared in the Fall 2008 Prada Linea Rossa campaign, so is this campaign she's talking about Linea Rossa? Resort 2009? Spring 2009?

Let's find out....
Ymre Stiekema, image courtesy of Elite Milan

Sigrid Agren, image courtesy of Elite Milan

Elite Milan , one of the most prestigious modeling agency network in the world, produced two distinct models: Ymre Stiekema and Sigrid Agren. As reported, Ymre Stiekema opened the show, while Sigrid Agren closed the Miuccia’s Spring Campaign, and both beauties captured the ethereal yet classic feel of the collection perfectly.

Ymre Stiekema divulged that she scored an ace in Milan to work on a Prada Spring 2009 Campaign.

The flip side to supermodel Sasha Pivovarova's beautiful alien look, newcomer Ymre Stiekema is hitting it out of the park for Spring/Summer 2009. It might end up a homerun for the 16-year-old Dutchie, whose old-school beauty and perfectly symmetrical features landed her in the opening slot of Prada's show in Milan. She might be from the other side of the Atlantic, but Stiekema oozes a translucent sensuality that’s almost Brazilian—serious sex appeal and a little bit of ‘je ne sais quoi’ that you can’t quite put your finger on. But you can rest assured that this blonde bombshell is staying grounded, even if standing tall at 5'10" does make the her want to reach for the stars. Kaira van Wijk


14 QUESTIONS for YMRE STIEKEMA

  1. What are you working on right now? The Prada campaign for which I'm currently staying in Milan.
  2. Who inspires you at the moment? My boyfriend, Wouter.
  3. Who do you admire? People who have a clear goal in life and are not afraid to fight for it.
  4. How would you describe your style? Casual and minimalistic.
  5. What are you wearing right now? Just jeans, a blouse, and vest.
  6. Weirdest work request so far? There was this one shoot where I had to pose and stand still while in this tiny boat on a stormy lake. Not so easy.
  7. What makes you miss home the most besides family and friends? I miss my volleyball workouts. I have a great team and coach so it used to be one of my all-time favorite things to do, even on rainy Sunday mornings.
  8. Superstitious or religious? Superstitious.
  9. Fortune or fame? In the end, definitely fortune.
  10. Which upcoming show are you most excited about? The Prada show during Milan fashion week, of course!
  11. Hidden off-the-runway talent? Kind of hard to say about myself, but I've been told that I'm a good photographer as well.
  12. Is the modeling world any different than you expected? Most of the time the fashion industry gets a bad rap, and a lot of media out there contributes to that. But so far I've been working with lots of great people and I'm guided very well by Elite (my mother agency in Amsterdam), who are always supportive.
  13. What scares you? Being forced into something I don't stand for or believe in.
  14. If you were to invite five people, either dead or alive, to a dinner party, who would they be? My boyfriend, parents, brother, and sisters. That's 6 people, but I couldn't leave anyone out. I'd rather see them whenever I can than anyone else in this world.
courtesy of models.com



No comments:

Post a Comment